TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Choose your category wisely. You may wish to enter more than one category as several may apply, focus on what you are most proud of and choose the one(s) which will best allow you to highlight your achievement(s).
2. Tell a great story! Show your personality, demonstrate what makes you and your business unique. Embrace the opportunity to be quirky, funny, serious, and write in a way that takes the reader on a journey as its likely they won’t know you or your business as well as you do! Imagine you are telling a someone you’ve met and you want to impress so they, ‘get it’ and they will clearly understand where you have come from and what you have achieved.
3. Read the small print. Some categories have specific criteria questions so make sure you answer them clearly, and that you have included all of the information as well as supporting links, documents, press clippings as they are not included in the word count so can be attached. Check you fit the requirements before drafting the copy.
4. Take your time and don’t rush filling in the form, give yourself time to put together a great award entry. Your forms will be seen by several judges so it would be worth taking some time to explain why you/your business deserve to win the award and justify that by showcasing your business in the best possible way.
5. Don’t be afraid to point out what went wrong or how you overcame something, because how you’ve coped might be key to making your entry stand out.
6. Focus your message. Try to keep sentences punchy and only include relevant information – it will have more impact on the judges (they have to read lots of entries).
7. Stick to the facts. Avoid meaningless marketing lingo and think of it as a mini case study, clearly explaining what you did, why you did it and the real business and any key people or teams involved.
8. Stick to the word count, be selective and only include your strongest examples.
9. Get your entry checked by someone else, they may spot errors or step back and look at it with fresh eyes to ensure the entry reads well, correct grammar or other errors and drop the superfluous.
10. Include supporting information, photos, brochures, press clippings or film are also useful. Some categories request you upload supporting documentation. If it is relevant, include it, this information may be the deciding factor on who makes the shortlist and is the winner.
11. The Awards are FREE to enter, we expect you to attend the dinner (and there is a charge but we don’t expect you to buy tables just your ticket) this is most especially important if you are shortlisted!
The Groundbreaking Awards is a celebration of construction and property across Dorset and Hampshire. Get involved today!
© 2020 Groundbreaking Awards
Site designed by ROUTEpr